I’ve been doing a lot of researching and writing these days, so, naturally, this mandates an appropriate amount of snacking. These are my latest go-to snacks. Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Roasted Squash Seeds
Because there’s no reason why pumpkins should have all the fun.
- 1 cup butternut squash or acorn squash seeds, squash strings removed
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon paprika (because I really love paprika)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse and dry the squash seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, salt, and oil. Add squash seeds and toss to combine.
- Spread evenly on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until seeds start to pop.
Because sometimes, potatoes are not the way to go.
- 1 Chinese eggplant, cut in quarters, then cut into 1/2-inch planks
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Spray oil (Canola)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with oil.
- Place eggplant on tray. Sprinkle with cumin and salt. Toss to coat.
- Spray lightly with oil again.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes–until edges are just crisp.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt, mixed with dill.